Why do we need metrics?
- We use metrics to help the team to improve and become better
- Do they need more resources?
- Should you get your higher performer in the team to train the lower performers?
- Is there a big difference between estimates and actuals? Why? How can we reduce the gap?
- Do you have tickets (Requests, Incidents, Changes or Tasks) in your queue older than a month?
TEAM VELOCITY CHART
- Tickets opened into your team queue per week
- Tickets closed by your team per week
- Tickets still open in your team queue
This metric will tell if your team can cope with the volume of work that comes in every week.
Your team should have more tickets closed than opened per week, else your team may become a bottleneck.
Tickets = Incidents + Request + Changes + Problems + Project Work
TICKETS CLOSED PER TEAM MEMBER (It’s important to balance your team)
LEAD TIME BEFORE KANBAN
LEAD TIME AFTER KANBAN
LESS OPEN INCIDENTS WITH KANBAN
TEAMS IMPROVE THEIR ITIL PRACTICES UNDERSTANDING HOW TO DEAL WITH INCIDENTS AND PROBLEMS