- Start with a basic catalog allowing customers to raise requests and incidents
- Review your team queue and find repetition patterns of work requested to them
- Work with your team to define the different types of request, mandatory fields, and workflows
- Proper service catalog helps requests to get into the correct queue faster
- Some requests containing the correct information can be automated avoiding manual intervention
- Request with poor information sometimes leads Engineers to do what they think the customer wants to then find that it’s not what the customer wanted; so time wasted and start all over again.
- Requests containing correct information avoid engineers wasting time chasing the requester to understand what is needed.
A team member may waste 10 to 15 minutes per request trying to find this info.
If you multiply this time for the number of tickets that your team may close per week the waste is big,